11/24/08

Ivrea Carnival 96': Orange Battle

Honestly these photos are not my taking. I just borrowed them from Flickr. It was the Lunar New Year of 1996. I was alone in Europe. I was visiting Olivetti with Paolo, our sales manager. Olivetti was built in 1912, the same year as Republic of China, our current government in Taiwan. Ivrea used to be a small village. It had become a big city mainly because Olivetti set up a big factory there. This is why most Ivrea people are grateful for Dr. Olivetti. It wasn't a coincidence that that Lunar New Year was the Ivrea Carnival. In fact, the Carnival was always held on Lunar New Year, same day as Chinese New Year. Very interesting...


Unfortunately I was having a long meeting with Olivetti people and wasn't able to see orange battle in action. After I come out of Olivetti, I saw only oranges and oranges everywhere on the ground. The product manager of Olivetti is an old friend of Paolo who also was grown up in this city. He told me what Paolo has done during Ivrea Carnival in his youth. He used to keep oranges in the fridge the day before...

No comments: