11/11/08

Ethan dancing at Enoshima (江ノ島) Nov 2004


Enoshima painted by Hokusai, Katsushika(葛飾北斎 1760-1849)


Mont Saint Michel


To me, Enoshima is like a Japanese version of Mont Saint Michel. It is a town built on top of the island and connected to the land with one single road/bridge like Mont Saint Michel. Both are now tourist spots full of gift shops and hotels. The road to Mont Saint Michel sometimes is buried under water during high tide. Enoshima's is probably the same from the painting above. If you put aside the Japanese style of Enoshima and medieval feeling of Mont Saint Michel, they look very similar. I will share some Mont Saint Michel photos later. That was on our trip to Kamakura 鎌倉, Lyuta, my brother in law, recommended we go to this area and it was a great choice. He used to surf around this area and knew its beauty. On the back of Enoshima, there are caves that you can visit through bridges connecting them. Ethan was happy and dancing on the bridge. Hence the video...



1 comment:

Daniel Kao said...

Hello, thank you for dropping by my blog and I am glad that you like it.江ノ島, I've been there too.It quite a cozy place to visit, and the 湘南 beach too. I can't speak good French either. It takes time to master a language and needs a lot of practices, for which I don't have too much time. Please come by often! ciao.